Default Folder X 5.1.2 Multilingual | MacOSX | 11.3 MB
Default Folder X enhances the Open and Save dialogs in all of your applications so you can… Go faster: Quickly navigate through folders with hierarchical menus that expand as you mouse over them. Do it all: Preview, tag, rename, compress, delete or add comments to files in any Open or Save dialog. Just click: Need to save a file in a folder you have open in the Finder? Just click on the Finder window!Time Saving Features:
Access your recent, favorite, and open folders from DFX's toolbar. Hierarchical pop-up menus let you quickly navigate through folders to get to your files.
Real Time Saving
If you're constantly saving things inside the same folder, DFX can remember that folder for you. Or you can set it as the default folder for an application so you're in the right folder from the start.
DFX lets you open up or save to any Finder window with a single click. It also lets you get info on, duplicate, rename, and delete existing files, putting the Finder's power in every Open and Save dialog.
To help you quickly return to folders and files you've used recently, DFX remembers them for you. It even re-selects the last file you opened. With DFX, you'll never forget where you put something.
At Your Fingertips
Get places fast by using keyboard shortcuts for your favorite folders. Or jump to recent folders and open Finder windows with a keystroke. DFX's shortcuts are completely configurable.
Spotlight on the Spot
Tag your files or edit your Spotlight comments from within any Open or Save dialog. Don't remember what tags you used before? DFX shows you all of your recently used tags – just drag and drop.
What's New in Default Folder X 5:
– Fully compatible with El Capitan (with System Integrity Protection turned on or off).
– Requires Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite) or higher.
– Support for tabbed Finder windows in the Finder-click feature.
– Default folders that can be applied by file extension as well as by application.
– Hierarchical menus can now display all folders before files.
– Tracking of recent files as well as recent folders.
– An integrated menu in the Finder's toolbar.
– Configurable keyboard shortcuts.
– More information displayed for selected files.
– File / folder tagging with draggable recent tags.
– A new drag & drop sidebar for quick access to files and folders.
– An updated user interface for setting preferences, adding favorites and setting default folders.
Requirements: For Mac OS 10.10 or later.