GLTools is a custom OpenGL driver (proxy), that is compatible with any known OpenGLES 2.0-compatible GPU + ARM processor, x86 processors are not supported (Galaxy Tab 3 for example). If you still don't understand, what this app is, the closest known analog is Chainfire3D.Features list:
– Change resolution and rendering bitness in any app, even if it doesn't support that by default.
– Change GPU name and enjoy enhanced graphics even on a noname low-end GPU.
– Take full control over textures: now you can decompress/recompress them (even if your GPU doesn't support that texture format) and resize. Note that decompression feature is available only if you'll install a plugin (internet is required to do that)
– Optimize shaders on-the-fly for optimal performance (the same optimizer is used in Unity3D engine by default)
– Enable MSAA or CSAA in any app to improve graphics quality (make sure that your GPU supports that)
– Measure gained performance with a nice onscreen FPS counter (or you can output FPS information to Logcat if you are a pro)
GLTools is 100% safe if you have a custom recovery installed (and you didn't disable backup in GLTools install dialog), if you'll find it non-working, you can just flash uninstall_gltools.zip in recovery and email me with details (or request a refund).
– HTC One X
– Nexus 7 2013
– LG G2
First of all, please do not restore backups of this app data (with Titanium Backup, etc), I'll add a feature to export/backup/share settings later, for now it can result in shuffle of your settings. The same for app uninstalling, disable custom preferences for app before removal.
User is responsible to make sure that any plugins he uses are legal to use. All texture plugins (except for Default) are written by independent developers and are placed on a 3rd-party webserver (except for Default which is builtin), which has nothing to do with me, a GLTools author, except for that I provide a simple in-app browser to install them (as all we know, browser creators have nothing to do with any abusive Internet content, the same thing here).
All trademark usage is nominative, nominative usage is Fair Use, it doesn't require any permission from trademark holder. Any trademarks are the property of their owners anyway.
This version is not from XDA, and not patched.
Free for Russian language localization.
Experimental support for x86_64.
Added option to reorder the shaders.