Do you keep waiting long for GPS location updates ? Is there sufficient satellite coverage and are you getting a goog satellite signal?
This app will help you monitor the GPS status and AUTO LAUNCH [New] your favorite app like Maps when GPS location fix is available.This is a frequent USE CASE in the following situations:
1. You are indoors
2. Phone is taking too long to get location
3. No clear sky
The widgets in this app will show the number of visible GPS satellites and the mean signal strength. Now you will be able to predict whether you are likely to get a location fix. Depending upon the number of satellites and signal strength you can take the decision to move around to a more open area.
Remember that it takes at least 3 to 4 satellites before you can receive location fix.
Additionally the number of satellites having ephemeris and almanac data in addition to accuracy is also available.
Almanac(Imprecise) and Ephemeris(Precise) are satellite data cached in the GPS engine. The almanac data validity is in months. The ephemeris data gets invalidated in a few hours. If you get more satellites with valid ephemeris then you will quickly get location fixes with good accuracy.
Once the widget confirms location availability that means the GPS Engine is updated with the latest almanac and ephemeris data and you can open the main app like Maps or whatever you want to use to get immediate location.
The resizable widgets have a circular graphic with outer circle representing the satellites. The inner circle is the average signal strength.
Operation: Tap the widget to start it. It will run for the duration you set in the app and stop automatically. This is a battery saving measure. If you want to stop before it auto stops just tap it again.
– No of satellites
– Mean GPS signal strength(SNR)
– No of satellites with valid Almanac
– No of satellites with valid Ephemeris
– Accuracy in meters
– Color and Schemes
– Vibrate on Fix
– Stop on fix
– Launch your favorite app on Fix [New]
– After installation if you cant see the widget in the list of widgets just change the orientation of the device while the list of widgets is opened. This will refresh the widgets list. Also do not move the app to SDCard because Android does not support widgets in removable storage.
– The version 4.0 series of the app are only compatible with Android 4.1 and above. Previous version users will get the pre Ver 4.0 series without the new Widget.
– UI Improvements
– Bug Fixes
Requirements: Android 4.1+