The African Udu is a clay pot drum based on the traditional Nigerian style, capable of resonant bass sounds, bright percussive accents, and bent talking tones. We recorded a wide variety of hits, taps, tones and rolls.Our African Udu is a clay pot drum based on the traditional Nigerian style. It is made entirely of clay, in the form of a narrow necked, vase-like vessel, with a circular hole in the side in addition to the opening at the top.
The Udu’s sound is one of deep air resonance accented by quick, bright percussion, at times light and bubbly and at times profound.
We recorded a wide variety of hits, taps, tones and rolls which are mapped from C1 – C6 inclusive.
African Udu features:
– 61 unique hits, taps, tones and rolls
– 4 round robins and up to 4 velocity layers
– 526 stereo 24-bit WAV samples
– 1 program for NI Kontakt 3+ with scripted performance controls and GUI
– 1 programs for NI Kontakt 2
– 2 programs for Logic EXS24